All people attending should bring the following:
Mess kit (if you don’t have one, we have them for sale for $25)
Raincoat, as Saturday’s weather looks wet.
internet connected device (i.e. iPad, laptop, etc) as you may have the opportunity to work on merit badges
Please re-read this post from the other day. Additionally I’ve reposted the baggage policy and newly posted the policy regarding batteries on the plane. Please be on time, no later than 7:00AM. Keep in mind that there is extensive construction taking place inside LaGuardia Airport and arriving at the airport before 7:00 AM may not guarantee that you will get to the Frontier Terminal before 7:00 AM.
- Everyone attending is REQUIRED to arrive at Frontier LaGuardia Terminal NO LATER than 7A. For those who may have a tendency to be late, please mentally prepare to arrive at 630A. We will NOT wait anyone who shows up late, SO PLEASE BE ON TIME! In the case
- Flight Info
F91595 LGA (930A) to MIA (109P)
F91596 MIA (245P) to LGA (542P)
- Everyone traveling is entitled to 1 checked bag (already paid for), if the bag is overweight or you bring more than 1, YOU will be required to pay the applicable fee.
- All adults & scouts are required to travel in CLASS A uniform
- Don’t forget to bring:
Florida Sea Base Class B polo
Florida Sea Base Class B T-Shirt
Florida Sea Base Water Bottle
- If you have not given in a medical yet please contact Anthony
- Take the Bonine pill given out at the planning meeting on Friday, lunch to dinner time is ideal
- It is suggested to pack your troop 106 raincoat or something similar if you have it
- Don’t forget your cell phone charger & hawaiian shirt
Yesterday the Christmas Pie/Cake Fundraiser flyer went home with your sons. If you are interested in participating, please return them on Friday, December 16. We will have the pies and cakes available for you to pick up on Friday, December 23, which will also be our Christmas party. Remember that all proceeds from this fundraiser go directly into your son’s scout account, which can be used to pay for camping trips, dues or even summer camp; so it’s to your advantage to participate in a fundraiser which will provide you with a quality pie or cake that you would most likely be purchasing in store to bring with you for the holidays.
Venturing Crew 312 has invited Troop 106 to join them at The Adventure Park at Long Island for some Zip Line/Hi COPE course fun!
Date: Saturday July 30th rain or shine
Time: About 5PM
Location: The Adventure Park at Long Island
75 Colonial Springs Rd
Wheatley Heights, NY
Cost: $41 (non-refundable once the reservations are made).
Get the money to John Mohr no later than June 15th.
I am happy to announce that Lisa & I are having a baby.
Its a boy, and he is due 1/25/16. She is 15 weeks along.
And to quell any rumors in advance, that does not mean my role in the troop will be changing.
See you all soon.
You have an opportunity to get your child into a City-sponsored swim program (there is a lottery, you can call ahead to see how that limits your chances of getting in).
In Queens, the program is run at Roy Wilkins Park. See the NYC Parks web site at: http://www.nycgovparks.org/reg/learn-to-swim
Check with them for further info.
Program description for Scout age kids (there are programs for younger kids and adults):
Child Classes: 6 – 17 Years Old
Level I: Children at this level learn basic aquatic skills. They’ll learn how to safely get into and leave the water, how to control their breath by blowing bubbles, how to float and kick on front and back and move through the water. They’ll also learn how to stay safe around the water and what to do in case of an emergency.
Level II: Children at this level learn to move their arms and legs together in a swimming motion. We’ll work on teaching children to swim without assistance, and improve on skills that they learned in Level I. They’ll be able to understand dangerous water conditions and how to assist a swimmer in a water emergency.
• Your child must be 6 years of age on the first day of class in order to participate in the children’s program. Please make sure to bring a birth certificate, passport, or photo identification with date of birth listed for the child on the day of the first class. Documents will be returned after verification is completed. There are classes available at two different times: on Saturdays, and afterschool from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• All 6-17 years old Saturday lottery winners must attend a water test on October 18 to determine class level. Missing the water test will result in a first absence.
If a child misses the water test and the first day of class they will be dropped from the session. Participants who miss two consecutive classes will be dropped from the program.
PLEASE NOTE: IN THE SUMMER, THE NYC PARKS DEPARTMENT OFFERS A LEARN TO SWIM PROGRAM AT THEIR OUTDOOR POOLS LIKE THE ONES AT ASTORIA AND FORT TOTTEN.
We are making an exception and going to extend the signup period for the Cooperstown/Diamond Mine trip until tonight. Please do not expect us to do this regularly.
Money is still due tonight.
See you all soon.
If you would like a photo posted to the website please send it to Mike.
Here are 3 of your leaders at Joe Bradley TMR Hall of Fame Induction.
And our good friend from camp