We are collecting canned goods, rice and toiletries for Senator Joseph Addabbo Jr’s Mother’s Day Food Drive. What’s great about this drive is that most collections occur in the Fall and it’s at this time of year when food pantries run low and supplies are most needed.
Kindly bring in any donations to the next meeting at Trinity on next Friday, May 5.
We are in dire need of help to clean out and organize the supply closet. We are asking ALL scouts who are available this Wednesday at 4 pm to meet at Trinity. The main purpose will be to expedite packing and preparing for upcoming camping trips.
- Plus: Bonus Scout of the month points will be awarded for attending!
Your cooperation is appreciated in advance.
Troop 106 is participating in the Veteran’s Day Parade on Wednesday, November 11. For any scout interested in marching, contact Werner Plut at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meeting times will be announced at a later date. Please help honor the legacy of the greatest generation on their 70th anniversary.
You can still register for this Sunday’s Arrow Tour Event at http://kintecoying.org/index.php/news/oa100/165-arrowtour.
The event is FREE! and from 12:30 – 5:30 at Alpine Scout camp in New Jersey.
The Trading Post and Concession Stands will be open to purchase memorabilia and refreshments.
All scouts are invited to attend the Eagle Court of Honor and Dinner on Saturday, June 6, if you planning on attending please either:
• Sign up tonight on the sign-up sheet by the kitchen window
• Reply to Troop106gnyc@gmail.com by May 27th
Please note that scouts should arrive on Saturday June 6 in Full Class A uniform at 5pm.
Regardless of whether or not you are attending, we need help setting up the room at 7 pm on Friday, June 5 (no uniforms required).
Please bring this signed permission slip with you this weekend for Brenden’s Eagle Scout Project. Copies will be available at Friday’s meeting but parents must sign them.
Anyone interested in doing a little community service, please note the 2 opportunities below…
1. On Monday, January 19th, the Natural Areas Volunteers Division of NYC Parks is having an upcoming event in Queens at Idlewild Park. It’s a wetland cleanup from 10:00am-1:00pm as part of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service. Contact our new Service Chairperson, Maureen, if you are interested at email@example.com.
2. Bulletin Stuffing at Resurrection Ascension on Thursday, January 22 from 3:30 to 4:30ish. Again, please contact Maureen if interested, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mike needs at least 2 adults to help out and oversee the scouts and the scout table at the Trinity flea market on Saturday.
Responsibilities entail selling merchandise at the scout table, coordinating the scouts selling raffle tickets, raffling off prizes at the end of day and helping break down the tables and cleaning up after the flea market is over.
The hours of coverage are 8:30-4:30 (even if you can do 1/2 a day…that’s great! Please volunteer!)
Please contact Mike at 917-749-7798 if you can help.