Troop 106 will be volunteering (and cheering on our Scoutmaster) at the 2014 NYC Marathon on Sunday, November 2nd 2014 from 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM at Mile 14 (Vernon Boulevard and 46th Avenue in Long Island City Queens
Due to security issues, each volunteer must pre-register with the NY Road Runners Association. Volunteer Registration is open for Boys Scouts and their families. EACH PERSON must pre-register INDIVIDUALLY. The deadline to sign up is SEPTEMBER 30.
Step by step registration instructions:
1. Go to: https://mynyrr.nyrr.org/login
2. Log in or register with NYRR
3. Click “Volunteer” on left side vertical menu bar
4. Scroll to the bottom of “VOLUNTEER FOR THE TCS NEW YORK CITY MARATHON” section in center of web page
5. Click the “Volunteer” button in the “FLUID STATIONS 2014 TCS New York City Marathon” section
6. You will enter a web form with a 2 step process 7. Step 1: Select a Marathon Race or event and Volunteer position 8. Scroll down to “Fluid Station, Mile 14 – Queens ” and click adjacent radio button
9. Scroll down to bottom of step 1 page and click next.
10. Click any radio buttons that apply to you 11. Select Group: Select “Boy Scouts”
12. I am registering: Choose the appropriate combo of you and/or children
13. Choose shirt size
14. Accept the Legal Documents and agree to be a Volunteer
15. Now you are done and happily registered
NOTE: If you (Adult or child) would like to have a letter of recognition from the NYC 2014 Volunteers director; please send an e-mail with your full name, Scout’s troop/pack to: Scout101153@gmail.com
Any donations of school supplies or monies collected are due tomorrow Sunday 8/4. We will be meeting at Trinity between 8:45 – 9 am to leave for summer camp. If you cannot stop by at that time, please contact Mike to make other arrangements.
The premiere Big Apple Jamboree event is October 11-14 at William H. Pouch Scout Camp and promises to be a full weekend of High Adventure activities:
• Monster Zip Line • Shooting sports • Rock Climbing Walls • Water Sports/Canoe/Fish/Kayak • Merit Badge Midway • Archery • Water Bottle Rockets • Geocaching • Mountain Biking • High Ropes Course • Field Sport Competitions and a “REALLY BIG SHOW!”
Cost is $65 per scout and $50 per adult and includes ALL activities, ALL meals and a commemorative Big Apple Jambo patch. Monies due September 6 (our first meeting at Trinity btw).
An outreach program in Queens has asked for our help in procuring school supplies to help kids of needy families get ready for the new school year. You can use the attached flyer to request donations from, neighbors, family and friends.
The school supplies will be distributed at a Free Kidz Day Event in Springfield Park on August 10th.
Because we will be at summer camp at that time, we are looking to help out before August 3. In addition to monetary donations, they are also collecting:
• Bottled water
• Juice boxes
• Book bags
• Glue sticks
• Loose leaf paper
• 24 count crayons
• 8 count washable markers
• Spiral notebooks
• Composition notebooks
Time spent soliciting will count towards your community service, so log your hours accordingly. Any and all help with this event, as always, is appreciated!
We are in the process of planning Troop 106’s 35th Anniversary and Eagle Court of Honor and need dedicated, talented and resourceful types like yourself to help out on the committee. Please join us Friday, January 11 at 7:30 pm at Trinity if you can.