If you are registered to go to Seabase, Mike needs your Adult T-Shirt Size. Please keep in mind that we are ordering for February (order up, if you’re not sure).
Send sizes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Early Bird Registration Deadline for summer camp is now extended to next Friday, May 20. To ensure that your registration is complete, please bring the following to next Friday’s meeting.
- A check payable to Troop 106 for however many weeks you are going.
- A COMPLETE Medical form signed by a physician. (unless you have been given an exception by Mike).
- A completed schedule: https://www.tenmileriver.org/files/5225/2016-AQ-Merit-Badge-Schedule.
Failure to bring ANY of these items will result in a loss of early bird pricing.
All parents, adult leaders and committee members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
-Troop Debit Card
-Annual Troop Dinner and Fundraiser
-End of Year BBQ
Friday, February 26th (THIS Friday!) is the last day to place your deposits ($65) to go on the Troop’s Washington, D.C. trip taking place April 22 through April 25th. Please see Mike or Anthony if you have any financial issues. If you are thinking of going, The White House requires some personal info that Eric S. will be taking with complete confidentiality.
John M. has worked out an action-packed itinerary for the DC trip. Some of the fun things we have planned are:
• A tour of the White House, a Troop picture by the Boy Scout memorial and a tour of the U.S. Capitol.
• For lunch we will picnic on the National Mall and the Scouts will have the opportunity to play some Frisbee during the picnic (joining in the tradition of playing sports on the lawn of the National Mall).
• Hiking along the National Mall where we will see (and visit) The Lincoln Memorial, several of the Smithsonian museums and other memorial located along the National Mall.
• We will travel to the Steven F Udvar-Hazy Center (The Smithsonian’s National Air & Space Museum). Where thousands of aviation and space artifacts are on display (including a Concorde Jet Airliner, a Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, the Space Shuttle Discovery, and the Enola Gay).
• Then we head over to Arlington National Cemetery where Tour bus stops allow us to witness the Changing of the Guard Ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, tour the Arlington House (originally built to be a memorial to George Washington by descendants of Martha Washington).
• Visit JFK’s grave site and view the eternal flame in his memory.
• See the Mast memorial for the USS Main, the Space Shuttle Challenger memorial and many other prominent locations on the grounds.
If you want to be a part of this fun trip, place your deposit by this Friday! If you have any questions regarding the activities, see John M.
We will be meeting at Trinity at 5-5:30 tonight. Sorry for the late notice.
Reminder to check for ticks:
It is very important that you do a tick check when your child arrives home from camp. More info on how to do so can be found at https://www.trails.com/how_1198_check-for-ticks.html and http://www.cdc.gov/features/stopticks/
Blue Mountain Update:
The Blue Mt. Trip will need to be rescheduled as we did not get our reservation for this year. A substitute trip for January will be discussed at the next TLC meeting, December 4th after Wreath preparation.
Drivers are needed for the upcoming camping trip to Yaw Paw both going (Friday night) and pickup (Sunday morning).
Camp Yaw Paw is approximately 90 minutes from Trinity. If you can help out either or both ways, it would be greatly appreciated.
if you can drive, contact Eric at email@example.com.
Please do NOT make your own travel arrangements in regards to specific kids you wish to take as we are trying to function and plan these trips as a cohesive unit.
If you have not submitted a 2015-16 Permission Slip yet, please either bring one with you on Friday and give to Eric or email directly to Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following individuals MUST submit them to go on the Columbus Day TMR/Rafting trip:
Brendan S. (Fish) — Permission slip
Sashi — Permission slip
Cris S.— Permission Slip and Medical (A & B)
Adults: Anthony, Ira, Matt B., James B., Alex K. and Eric all need BSA Medicals to keep on file with Troop 106 for the current year please.