1) Tonight’s meeting with be downstairs (cubs are using gym for Pinewood Derby). We will be filmed for GNYC’s new promotional video, so EVERYONE please be in Class A uniforms and bring a signed copy of this release form: Image_Waiver
2) Our next camping trip will be to Camp Glen Gray (200 Midvale Mountain Rd, Mahwah, NJ 07430) March 13-15. This trip will be an advancement based trip so please make sure you attend if you would like to work on advancement or earn a merit badge. The cost for the trip is $20
I would like to congratulate Shane on becoming Troop 106’s 37th Eagle Scout. He passed his board of review last night, and all of those who sat on his board were very impressed with him.
Welcome to the club!
Here are some pics of the care packages that actually got to the troops and a thank you letter they sent.
We just got a special invitation to be one of the troops who are videoed for a new clip GNYC is having put together. With that being said, this Friday will NOT be class B uniforms, but instead class A.
Once again, NO class B uniform this coming friday, it is class A.
Also, We will be meeting downstairs as the cubs have their Pinewood Derby in the gym
They will shoot us doing what we normally do, so please be on your best behavior. They will also pick select scouts to “interview” on video about what they like about scouting.
Lastly, there will be a waiver which needs to be signed by those who are filmed. I will post it once I get it (should be later today/tomorrow). PLEASE print a copy, sign it, and send it with your scout.
See you all then, any questions send to Mike
Due to lack of interest, we unfortunately have to cancel the ski/snowboarding trip.
Anthony has a few tickets for the stuff going on at LIU today from 1-5p.
Contact him if you are interested.
There are a significant number of scouts who owe outstanding dues for the 2014-2015 scout year (and a few from 2013-14 still!). Please note that the remainder of all outstanding dues for this year are now expected to be paid in full.
As of February 1st, 2015, there will be no Board of Reviews given by the committee for your child to receive his next rank unless all arrears are settled.
Please note, that individual scout accounts (pie money, flea market and the like) can be applied towards yearly dues.
If you are not sure if this situation applies to your son, please ask our Treasurer, Henry Zalak at Friday’s meeting.
We will be having a Committee Meeting this Friday at 6:30 pm before the Regular Troop Meeting. All parents, adult leaders and committee members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
If you are currently a chairperson and have a report for the committee but are unable to attend, please reach out to our Chairman, Pat at email@example.com or Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday.
Troop 106 Committee Meeting Agenda Friday, February 13, 2015
• Discuss Old Business
• Committee Reports
• New Business:
1. Eagle Scout Project Proposal: Chris Stewart
2. EZ Pass
3. Social Media
4. Board of Reviews
1) Tuesday Feb 17th, will be a day of service for Troop 106
– John Whitehead Funeral – in the AM – please email me by the end of today if you can attend. I would love a group of 10-12. We already have 1 signed up, Thanks Brendan S.
– Trinity Lutheran Pancake Dinner @ 545P (this will run until about 7-730). We will help to serve and ask that scouts attend in full class a uniform. I expect all scouts that are not on vacation to attend
2) Wednesday Feb 18th, will be our Ski Trip. Sign-up at this coming Friday’s meeting. Details being finalized today.
3) Hoodies have arrive are set to be picked up this evening. They will be distributed at this Friday’s meeting.
A great supporter of Boy Scouts in NYC just passed away. John Whitehead was a Scouter’s Scouter. He joined his Troop at 12 years of age. Eagle Scout, Distinguished Eagle Scout, GNYC President, Co-Chair of our Board until the day he died on Saturday morning in his sleep at home (at 92 years old).
I invite you to invite your entire Troop to accept the special privilege of representing Scouting at John C. Whitehead’s funeral service. Please invite your full Troop in full uniform to attend the funeral service.
It will be very important to know as soon as possible if you can accept this invitation so we can plan accordingly.
Our Scouts are not asked to be a Color Guard nor speak at the service. The Scouts in uniform in attendance will simply say it all. Arrive at the church at 9:15 am.
Tuesday Feb 17th @ Saint Thomas Church (53rd Street & 5th Ave)
If you want to attend I need to know no later than the end of the day today. Kindly just send Mike an email.
Final details coming Monday, but save the date for Tuesday Feb 17th. We will be going on a day trip to either Sterling Forest or Mount Peter. Cost should be in the $30-$40 range.