The Super Bowl Party will be held at Antony’s house and all scouts are invited. The address is 61-53 75th place Middle Village and the party starts at 6:00pm. Each scout that is attending should bring a snack or sodas.
On Tuesday February 9th we will be serving a pancake supper at Trinity Church. We need all the scouts to attend from 5:30 in full class A uniform.
Scouts are NOT allowed to bring cell phones to meeting/camping trips/events. The only person who can make an exception to this rule is the Scoutmaster. In the event an exception is made it will be posted on the troop website.
If a scout is witnessed having a cell phone:
– The first time, it will be taken and returned to said scouts parent only. NOT to the scout
– The second time, the scout will be penalized and not allowed to attend the next big trip (i.e., blue mountain, DC, etc.)
– The third time, the scout, his parents, the scoutmaster & committee chairman will have a sit down meeting to discuss this.
We have had to enact this strict policy because as of late many scouts have consistently been violating our no cell phone policy. Anytime there is a scout event, there is always multiple adults who have phones, so if there is some emergency, there is always a way to get a hold of your son.
We have been able to secure a White House Visit on our Washington DC trip Apr 22-25
We know you may not be sure if you are attending yet, but we strongly suggest everyone sending us this info, as we will need to submit a list no later than March 8th. They will do a background check in order to gain access. If you are denied there is nothing we can do.
full name as it appears on ID or birth certificate
date of birth
social security number
Send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
All information will be kept secure
All parents, adult leaders and committee members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
If you are currently a chairperson but are unable to attend, please reach out to our Chairman, Pat at email@example.com or Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday.
Discuss Old Business
- Scout Sunday
- Trinity Service
- Stop and Shop Fundraiser
- Webelo Crossover
- Cell Phone Use/Policy
- Charter Renewal
- Camping Information Disbursement
- Trip Transportation Procedures
- Upcoming Washington Trip
- Superbowl Party
- Trinity Pancake Supper
We will be meeting at Trinity at 5-5:30 tonight. Sorry for the late notice.
We are happy to announce that Anthony Zalak has accepted the role of acting Scoutmaster in Mike’s absence. Anthony has been involved with 106 for over 25 years and often served as Gordon’s (previous scoutmaster) right hand.
Mike will be at tonights meeting, and then is expecting to be away for about a month, with an expected to return of Feb 26. He is more than happy to receive texts and emails in his absence.
Thank you Anthony for stepping up, we are so happy to see such a strong Troop 106 family.
If you are going on the Winter-ree the payment is due by this Friday’s meeting.
Any questions direct to Mike.
There are a few very important things for tonight:
1) There is NO committee meeting or TLC meeting tonight
2) The Winter-Ree Camping Trip is the last weekend of the month (Jan 29-31) at Camp Alpine. The cost of the trip is $25. We will start collecting money tonight. Deadline to sign up and pay is at next weeks meeting. Mike will not be attending this trip, Anthony Z. & John M. will be the leaders in charge.
3) Tonight will be the LAST night that you can order a new troop hoodie. Orders must be accompanied by a payment. They are $30/each. Sizes XS – 3X. We will be placing the order this weekend and expect to have them in the next few weeks.
Any questions direct to Mike