Mike needs at least 2 adults to help out and oversee the scouts and the scout table at the Trinity flea market on Saturday.
Responsibilities entail selling merchandise at the scout table, coordinating the scouts selling raffle tickets, raffling off prizes at the end of day and helping break down the tables and cleaning up after the flea market is over.
The hours of coverage are 8:30-4:30 (even if you can do 1/2 a day…that’s great! Please volunteer!)
Please contact Mike at 917-749-7798 if you can help.
The resounding opinion I heard was that last night was a huge success. Parents, I will be reaching out to you all to discuss pooling our interpersonal relationships to continue to offer varied and new programming for our troop.
*** PLEASE, send any pics you took to Mike (you can just reply to the email)***, As we are going to put together something to give to Nicholai as a thank you.
Here are some pics I took & borrowed from Nicholai’s Instagram.
If you are interested in his art, I am more than happy to make an introduction.
Each scout is expected to bring $5 to cover their supplies (canvas, paints, brushes, etc.).
Also wear a beat up t-shirt under your uniform shirt.
Lastly, ANYONE is welcome to come watch, ie. parents, siblings (but not very young ones), friends, etc. We may have some extra supplies for other to participate, but won’t know until we see the turnout we get. Those wishing to participate bring $5 as well.
Any questions reach out to Mike.
This Friday we have a special guest artist coming to our meeting. His name is Nicholai Khan (http://nicholaikhan.com). He is going to talk to the scouts and do a live art show.
Scouts are going to be painting along with him. Each scout is required to bring $5 to cover the cost of supplies.
Also, please make sure they have a beat up t-shirt under their uniform so they don’t get their uniform shirt dirty when painting.
Any questions reach out to Mike
This is just a reminder that the scouts who completed the Troop’s JLT have to attend District JLT tonight (and one more night next month).
Attendance is MANDATORY, and scouts must be in Class A Uniform.
Be there are 730p sharp.
This ONLY applies to our youth leaders who completed the Troop’s Junior Leader Training.
4024 62nd St, Woodside, NY 11377 is the address.
When you get there you are looking for a gentleman by the name of John Sammon (not Fish’s dad, another John Sammon)
Any questions direct to Mike.
You have an opportunity to get your child into a City-sponsored swim program (there is a lottery, you can call ahead to see how that limits your chances of getting in).
In Queens, the program is run at Roy Wilkins Park. See the NYC Parks web site at: http://www.nycgovparks.org/reg/learn-to-swim
Check with them for further info.
Program description for Scout age kids (there are programs for younger kids and adults):
Child Classes: 6 – 17 Years Old
Level I: Children at this level learn basic aquatic skills. They’ll learn how to safely get into and leave the water, how to control their breath by blowing bubbles, how to float and kick on front and back and move through the water. They’ll also learn how to stay safe around the water and what to do in case of an emergency.
Level II: Children at this level learn to move their arms and legs together in a swimming motion. We’ll work on teaching children to swim without assistance, and improve on skills that they learned in Level I. They’ll be able to understand dangerous water conditions and how to assist a swimmer in a water emergency.
• Your child must be 6 years of age on the first day of class in order to participate in the children’s program. Please make sure to bring a birth certificate, passport, or photo identification with date of birth listed for the child on the day of the first class. Documents will be returned after verification is completed. There are classes available at two different times: on Saturdays, and afterschool from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• All 6-17 years old Saturday lottery winners must attend a water test on October 18 to determine class level. Missing the water test will result in a first absence.
If a child misses the water test and the first day of class they will be dropped from the session. Participants who miss two consecutive classes will be dropped from the program.
PLEASE NOTE: IN THE SUMMER, THE NYC PARKS DEPARTMENT OFFERS A LEARN TO SWIM PROGRAM AT THEIR OUTDOOR POOLS LIKE THE ONES AT ASTORIA AND FORT TOTTEN.
Just wanted to share a few things:
1) We are meeting at 6p (at Trinity) sharp, Please be on time and ready to leave
2) Scouts need to bring their Class A uniform as we will be wearing it to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
3) Class B shirt is needed for Saturday & work pants as the Diamond mine is a dirty experience. Also pack a pair of work gloves.
4) Scouts should pack weather appropriate clothing as they will be sleeping in tents and it will be in the low 40’s in the morning when they wake up
5) As a reminder there are NO ELECTRONICS allowed on this trip other than Cameras.
6) And as always spending money for souvenirs is suggested.
Any other questions please reach out to Mike
Unfortunately I just had something come up that will make it impossible for me to attend tonight.
The event will still be going on and there should be others there.
I apologize for the last minute notice.
I hope to see a bunch of you this Thursday at Flushing Meadows Park. Come run with me and other members of the GNYC NYC Marathon team. Our Council Executive Ethan Draddy will be running as well.
6P at the Unisphere.
This is to promote physical fitness & the marathon team.